Thursday, June 8, 2017

Soulful is here!

Soulful is here!

I'm so excited to announce that Soulful is finally shipping to shops and you'll soon be able to see this brand new collection in person at your favorite LQS! It's also beginning to pop up in online shops, you can find the growing list on my SHOP My Fabrics page. Pretty please let me know if you discover any shops carrying Soulful so I can add them to the list!

Soulful Banner

Last month I traveled to St. Louis to show Soulful at International Quilt Market. I mostly shared that adventure on my Instagram but today I'm excited to share a little bit more here on the blog to celebrate it's official release!

I began planning my Soulful Quilt Market "booth" as soon as it was finalized with AGF. The first thing I purchased for my display was this beautiful embroidered canopy from Free People. This is the first collection I've created that includes so many gray tones and the sheer gray net would provide the perfect accessory to surround with colorful Soulful projects! From there I simply got busy making strike off samples, with the help of SO many talented friends, and gathering up things scattered about our home to include in the booth. Since Soulful at it's core is about surrounding oneself with things loved and treasured, the meaningful things collected by just living, it was easy for me to tell it's story with my own belongings at Quilt Market. For me that's what Quilt Market is all about, telling the collection's story is the reason I love going so much second only to getting to visit with so many wonderful friends. Merchandising has been a passion of mine since I was a young teenager, working my first retail job at a local clothing store who's owner trusted me to do window displays at a very young age. Looking back I realize now what a blessing that opportunity was for me, not knowing that twenty years later I'd be using those cultivated skills to present my own fabrics as an exhibitor at Quilt Market twice a year.

Soulful at Quilt Market

The color palette of Soulful is filled with soft, dreamy colors infused with a little magic in the form of purples and fuchsia and teal. After releasing my fifth collection I've realized that I have a bit of a whimsical flair that carries through each of my collections. It's not anything deliberate but, I think it comes from my love of fairytales and interest in discovering the true magic of everyday life. Plus, I love to add a little sparkle!

Soulful at Quilt Market

In addition to a focal floral, Floral Universe and Crystal Awakening the gemstones print, I'm excited to include a mandala print in Soulful. There's something about a circle that has always lured me in. Looking around our home, it’s hard to find a piece of purchased or thrifted décor that’s angled and rigid in nature. Most of the things we collect seem to be spherical, round, flowing, plus drawing mandalas is something I've done for as long as I can remember. Since mandala in Sanskrit means "Magical Circle" it was the perfect symbol to pair with these other meaningful main prints to represent inclusion, wholeness, unity. I'm so excited to have these prints to sew with!

Soulful DisplaySoulful Display

I'll be sharing many more Soulful images, project inspiration, and behind the scenes sewing here and on my social media accounts in the weeks ahead. Be sure to follow along to see what I'm stitching up, and please remember to share your own Soulful makes with the collection hashtag #SoulfulFabrics!

Soulful is here!

You can see the full quilting cotton collection, plus which prints are available in knit and rayon NOW at:

I can't wait to show you the LookBook a little later this month and I really can't wait to see all of what you'll create from these fabrics! I'm so excited to share Soulful with all of you.  I hope you love these prints as much as I do!!

♡ Maureen

9 comments:

  1. This morning I opened up an email newsletter from ilovefabrics.com announcing they have Soulful in stock along with your other collections. Congratulations on this gorgeous line, I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so thrilled with this collection and can't wait to see folks sewing with it! I'll be sure to add iliovefabric.com to my list! Thanks again!!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh! So lovely! I can't wait to sew for ME with these beauties! Congrats on abother fabulous line, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Please be sure to tag me when you share what you make!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing the backstory of how these collections are created. I definitely feel the magic :) With every new collection, I'm like... Now THIS is my favorite... You just keep topping yourself! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous collection. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post . Keep posting such kind of information on your blog. Morning Desert Safari With Quad Bike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

If you are a no reply or an anonymous commenter, I will be sure to respond to your comment right here - so please do check back!